1. Begin with the hair down. This hairstyle would be great on naturally wavy or curly hair.
2. Divide the hair into three sections and begin a loose three strand braid only adding in hair from the bottom (lace braid)
3. Stop adding hair after about 4 stitches.
4. Finish the braid in a three strand braid Pull on the edges to loose(pancake) the braid. Temporarily secure braid with a small elastic.
5. Repeat steps 2-6 on the other side.
6. Remove the elastics and keep hold of the two braids.
7. Divide the 6 sections of the two braids into 3 of a new braid. (Combine the outer strand and middle strand of each into their own strands and the two inside strands of the two braids to make three strands for the new braid)
8. Braid the three new strands down until about 3/4 of the hair is left down.
9. Secure the braid with a small elastic.
Below is a step-by-step collage of this tutorial: